$36.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Fri Feb 25 2011 (Updated 02/27/11)Fresno Police Chief Accused of Racism
Fri Feb 25 2011 (Updated 02/27/11)Lawsuit Alleges That Chief Dyer Mimics Stereotypical Slave Dialect and Much More
A lawsuit filed in Fresno Superior Court on February 24, 2011, says that Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer's ringtone for Cynthia Sterling, an African-American former counsel member, is a slave song: "Mammy's little baby loves short'nin' bread." The lawsuit also alleges that Dyer mimics stereotypical slave dialect, making comments including; "yessa massa, I is yo pet" and "Um hum, I'm the mayor's boy, I'm the mayor's boy, yes'um, I'm the mayor's boy."
Dyer is alleged to have repeatedly made derogatory and racial comments and/or actions relating to different races, including, but not limited to African-Americans and Japanese, which include:
1. "You know brothers can't resist watermelons"
2. "You know brothers love melons"
3. Routinely refers to African-Americans as "Brothers"
4. During a meeting discussing fist strikes to the face, Dyer commented that fist strikes to the face should never occur, unless it is a brother, because brothers don't have bones in their noses.
5. Dyer's cellular phone ring tone for Blong Xiong, a Southeast Asian counsel member is an Oriental sounding ringtone.
6. Dyer refers to a female Japanese Police Department employee as his little Geisha Girl.
7. Dyer makes offensive and demeaning comments about women, including but not limited to: a) comments about police department employees clothes and cleavage b) commenting that the employee, must be out looking for a husband. c) comments about certain female police department employees never having to pay for drinks when they go out socially.
8. Dyer has made offensive remarks, relating to charging the County of Fresno an administrative fee for administering a grant, stating "Good, rape them, (laughing), and make them feel they liked it".
9. Dyer on numerous occasions, has demeaningly referred to City Hall being run like a "sorority", since the Mayor and her chiefs of staff are primarily women.
Western States Petroleum Association: the biggest lobby group you’ve never heard of (3 comments) Friday Dec 2nd 11:11 AM
Sacramento City Council Puts Standing Rock Resolution on Consent Calendar Thursday Dec 1st 4:21 PM
Proposition that threatened Delta Tunnels defeated by a narrow margin Thursday Nov 24th 7:44 PM
Trump appoints Big Oil think tank director to lead Interior transition team Wednesday Nov 23rd 8:21 AM
March and Rally Against Trump - in Fresno Friday Nov 18th 2:10 PM
Over 500 people in Sacramento stand in solidarity with Standing Rock Sioux Friday Nov 18th 9:31 AM
50th Anniversary of Kwanzaa at the California State Capitol Wednesday Nov 16th 5:15 PMMore Local News...
[ × close ]
Report: Children and the elderly at risk from "dangerous and close" fracking Saturday Oct 29th 3:29 AM
WW CA Farmworkers Getting 8 Hour Day & Attacks On Workers Comp By DIR and Governor Brown (1 comment) Wednesday Aug 31st 8:28 PM
Justice For CTC Whistleblower Kathleen Carroll-Statement At Sacramento Trial (1 comment) Tuesday Aug 9th 9:56 PM
Fired CTC Whistleblower Kathleen Carroll's Lawyer Dan Siegel On Retaliation Witnesses (1 comment) Tuesday Aug 2nd 7:55 AM
Africa Day 2016 at the California State Capitol featuring Roots Sunday Friday May 20th 4:37 AM
West Coast Fisher Denied Endangered Species Act Protection in Bow to Timber Industry Thursday Apr 14th 3:32 PM
Acidization Study Finds Oil Companies Using Dozens of Hazardous Chemicals in CA Wells Tuesday Mar 22nd 7:40 PMMore Global News...
[ × close ]
2016 California Diabetes Awareness Month ~ Victory Garden Project Saturday Nov 26th 2:04 PM
Victim of Identity Theft Tells Her Story Thursday Oct 27th 12:16 AM
USDA Unviels New 'Urban Agriculture Toolkit' for Agriculture Entrepreneurs Friday Apr 29th 10:56 PM
UC Davis spent thousands to scrub pepper-spray references from Internet Thursday Apr 14th 12:17 PM
One Person Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting In Central Fresno Wednesday Mar 23rd 8:28 PM
Central Valley Diabetes Self-Management Program celebrates National Nutrition Month Thursday Mar 17th 10:53 AM
Stockton, California and Asaba, Nigeria poised to help lead a New Era of Sister Cities Monday Mar 14th 12:07 PMOpen Newswire...
[ × close ]