$248.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Fri Feb 25 2011 (Updated 02/27/11)Fresno Police Chief Accused of Racism
Fri Feb 25 2011 (Updated 02/27/11)Lawsuit Alleges That Chief Dyer Mimics Stereotypical Slave Dialect and Much More
A lawsuit filed in Fresno Superior Court on February 24, 2011, says that Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer's ringtone for Cynthia Sterling, an African-American former counsel member, is a slave song: "Mammy's little baby loves short'nin' bread." The lawsuit also alleges that Dyer mimics stereotypical slave dialect, making comments including; "yessa massa, I is yo pet" and "Um hum, I'm the mayor's boy, I'm the mayor's boy, yes'um, I'm the mayor's boy."
Dyer is alleged to have repeatedly made derogatory and racial comments and/or actions relating to different races, including, but not limited to African-Americans and Japanese, which include:
1. "You know brothers can't resist watermelons"
2. "You know brothers love melons"
3. Routinely refers to African-Americans as "Brothers"
4. During a meeting discussing fist strikes to the face, Dyer commented that fist strikes to the face should never occur, unless it is a brother, because brothers don't have bones in their noses.
5. Dyer's cellular phone ring tone for Blong Xiong, a Southeast Asian counsel member is an Oriental sounding ringtone.
6. Dyer refers to a female Japanese Police Department employee as his little Geisha Girl.
7. Dyer makes offensive and demeaning comments about women, including but not limited to: a) comments about police department employees clothes and cleavage b) commenting that the employee, must be out looking for a husband. c) comments about certain female police department employees never having to pay for drinks when they go out socially.
8. Dyer has made offensive remarks, relating to charging the County of Fresno an administrative fee for administering a grant, stating "Good, rape them, (laughing), and make them feel they liked it".
9. Dyer on numerous occasions, has demeaningly referred to City Hall being run like a "sorority", since the Mayor and her chiefs of staff are primarily women.
CA Supreme Court Rules Delta Tunnels Surveys Can Go Forward Saturday Jul 23rd 5:26 PM
Power for the People (1 comment) Friday Jul 22nd 10:09 PM
Youth Protest Klamath River Water Pollution (1 comment) Friday Jul 22nd 10:29 AM
Sacramento Activists Hold Vigil to Remember 47 Killed in Lac-Mégantic (1 comment) Saturday Jul 16th 4:23 PM
2016 Sacramento Visit of Mexican Trade Unionist Thursday Jul 14th 11:41 AM
Farming Community Rallies in Sacramento to Demand Protections from Agricultural Pesticides Tuesday Jul 12th 3:36 PM
Governor Jerry Brown in talks with Big Oil over carbon trading program Tuesday Jul 12th 8:26 AMMore Local News...
[ × close ]
Africa Day 2016 at the California State Capitol featuring Roots Sunday Friday May 20th 4:37 AM
West Coast Fisher Denied Endangered Species Act Protection in Bow to Timber Industry Thursday Apr 14th 3:32 PM
Acidization Study Finds Oil Companies Using Dozens of Hazardous Chemicals in CA Wells Tuesday Mar 22nd 7:40 PM
Kwanzaa, "first fruits of the harvest" is a "California Grown" International Holiday Tuesday Dec 15th 2:56 PM
Paris Panels to Explore International Movement to Ban Fracking Monday Dec 7th 4:24 PM
Kern County Residents Fast Against Plan to Fast Track Fracking Friday Nov 6th 6:10 PM
Ratepayers urge MWD to use LA dollars to fix water system, not build tunnels Thursday Oct 22nd 9:01 AMMore Global News...
[ × close ]
USDA Unviels New 'Urban Agriculture Toolkit' for Agriculture Entrepreneurs Friday Apr 29th 10:56 PM
ALRB approved: Here’s what the UFW says you get for 3% of your salary Monday Apr 25th 5:49 PM
UFW pays millions to itself & cronies, and ZERO for its dues-paying members (3 comments) Sunday Apr 24th 4:45 PM
Workers “never” have a right to witness mediation, California says Thursday Apr 21st 11:30 PM
Nice Pick Justice turnout at court in Fresno Thursday Apr 21st 5:51 PM
Judge again says ALRB and UFW colluded on litigation strategy Thursday Apr 21st 5:36 PM
LA Times report validates Pick Justice’s positions about UFW & ALRB Thursday Apr 21st 5:22 PMOpen Newswire...
[ × close ]