Related Categories: Santa Cruz Indymedia | Arts + Action | Police State & Prisons
Artists Return After Arrest
by Free Speech Matters
Sunday Aug 23rd, 2015 3:34 PM
Artists risk misdemeanor charges for displaying art in front of Forever 21 on Pacific Avenue after being arrested on Thursday.
800_artist-assert-first-amendment-rights.jpg

On Thursday, August 20, 2015 -- Joff Jones and Alex Skelton were arrested on Pacific Avenue in Santa Cruz in front of Forever 21 for displaying their artwork.

On Sunday they returned dressed in Colonial dress with a display of their artwork and a display of the First Amendment.
§Stand up for your rights!!!
by via Joff Jones Art Monday Aug 24th, 2015 12:13 AM
800_santa-cruz-pacific-avenue-joff-jones-alex-skeleton-scpd.jpg
"My art expresses my social, religious, and existential views. My first amendment guarantees me the right to express that in a public space. my friend Alex and I were arrested yesterday for exercising these rights. Be downtown on Saturday at 12:00pm to see part two. Stand up for your rights!!!"
§George Washington and Ben Franklin
by via Joff Monday Aug 24th, 2015 12:17 AM
800_george-washington-and-ben-franklin.jpg
"I guess the police don't want to arrest men who are dressed as George Washington and Ben Franklin. We were promised that they would arrest us, and confiscate all of our art next time we came out. Today will be trial number 2. Wish me luck."
§WARNING
by Art is Not a Crime Monday Aug 24th, 2015 12:19 AM
800_alex-skeleton.jpg
The First Amendment.
skeetterrrMonday Aug 24th, 2015 3:17 PM
Photos of Demarcated AreasKeep Santa Cruz WeirdMonday Aug 24th, 2015 1:44 PM
The city is systematically removing performance and vending areas again.Keep Santa Cruz WeirdMonday Aug 24th, 2015 1:42 PM
Actually, It's Apples to Oranges on Pacific AvenueTBSC Mission CreepsMonday Aug 24th, 2015 1:30 PM
Apple to Orange comparisonI laughedMonday Aug 24th, 2015 11:55 AM
Interview by Noah HesterRobert NorseSunday Aug 23rd, 2015 9:44 PM
Santa Cruz IS peaceful, and it should remain free and artisticTBSC exploits tragediesSunday Aug 23rd, 2015 5:57 PM
I heard him speakI laughedSunday Aug 23rd, 2015 5:40 PM