View other events for the week of 4/ 7/2012
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|CodePINK BRUNCH: No War On Iran Organizing Meeting|
|Date||Saturday April 07|
|Time||11:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2650 Telegraph Ave
|mzsam [at] bayareacodepink.org|
Our next VERY IMPORTANT (10 days before our BIG ACTION!!!) NO WAR ON IRAN meeting will be a CodePINK BRUNCH Saturday, April 7th, 11am at Bacheeso’s Restaurant, 2650 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley (PLEASE note the change of location – we will NOT meet at Mudraker’s this week), $8.90 all you can eat. PLEASE RSVP by 5pm Friday evening 510-540-7007!
We NEED: a portable, battery-operated projector!!! So we can show slideshow during our action! PLEASE call or email if you have any ideas!
Proposed & Planned Actions for the 17th thus far
1) Visual: large world suspended from tent-shaped frame, with outlines of all the countries (off this continent) & dates the U.S. has occupied, attacked, since 1798. CodePINK
2) Timeline: long timeline of overt military events, laws, institutional actions taken in this country to ensure and secure the “American Dream” CodePINK
3) Letter from Iranian woman Sherri AFSC
4) Photos of Iranians – or who the U.S. will kill next if we don’t STAND UP! WCW?
5) Slide show of Iran – Gene? Margot?
6) Redirecting our resources: asking people to spend their tax dollars on people, not war: please bring money, food, books, bicycles, medical supplies, plants, clothes, etc. and help us redirect our funds from wars to what we REALLY want to spend our money on – Tax Resisters, Bay Peace, EVERYONE
7) Street Theater & Spoken Word – Bay Peace, TheatreWorks
8) Informational handouts – both about the U.S. budget, a historical view of U.S. interference in Iran, END Occupation of AFGHANISTAN – Courage to Resist, IVAW, Afghans for Peace
9) Singing – Lisa Cohen, Stephanie
10) Press Conference: Iran Resolution – Barbara Lee