From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Using the Art and Science of Behavior to Enrich Your Relationship with Animals
Saturday, February 05, 2011
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
House Rabbit Society 148 Broadway, Richmond, CA (510) 970-7575
Solve behavioral problems.
Enrich your pet's life.
This 8-hour class is designed for caregivers of any species of animal–large or small, mammal, bird, reptile or fish. Through a combination of lecture, video, in-class problem-solving exercises, and games, you will learn:
- the principals of behavior and how all animals learn
- how to develop strategies for changing animal behavior and preventing future unwanted behavior
- the basics of positive, effective, and enriching training techniques that can be used with any species of animal
After completing the class, you will be able to
- see how the universal principals of learning apply to your animals and yourself
- understand the role animal caregivers have in the development of behaviors in their pets
- observe more accurately your animal's and your own behavior
- develop strategies to set up the environment for success
- understand the basic process of behavior modification
- understand the pros and cons of various training strategies
- start using skills to effectively train animals in your home
by phone: (510) 970-7575
Saturday class: $50
There will be a free workshop on Sunday for volunteers willing to commit to 60 hours volunteer time at the Rabbit Center. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Added to the calendar on Sun, Jan 16, 2011 7:34PM