View other events for the week of 11/10/2008
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|San Jose: Solidarity Vigil to Protest Prop. 8|
|Date||Monday November 10|
|Time||5:00 PM - 6:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
San Jose at S. Bascom and Hamilton Ave. (just west of 17; south east corner) AND
San Jose downtown at the Metropolitan Community Church, 65 South 7th Street
Standing on the Side of Love: Candlelight Vigil
Join a prayerful, peaceful candlelight vigil in solidarity with the LGBT community. Families, students, allies, people of faith, of conscience, of compassion - everyone is encouraged to stand on the side of love and the freedom to marry.
There is no proposition that can be passed, no law that can be written, and no constitutional amendment that can be added which can ever truly deny the love and commitment between two people. We cannot be silent when the rights of anyone are eliminated. Now is the time to stand on the side of love.
Gather at the location nearest you on Monday, Nov. 10, between 5-6:30pm. Check website below for the most up-to-date list of venues and links to maps.
Confirmed Gathering Places:
* San Jose at S. Bascom and Hamilton Ave. (just west of 17; south east corner)
* San Jose downtown at the Metropolitan Community Church, 65 South 7th Street
* Palo Alto at the corner of El Camino Real & Embarcadero
* San Mateo corner of El Camino Real and Fifth Avenue
* Belmont corner of El Camino Real and Ralston Avenue (on CalTrain side of street)
* Redwood City corner of El Camino and Jefferson Ave.
Bring your own candles, if possible. Rainbow flags and banners from communities of faith are welcome.
Spread the word every way possible.