Muhammad Bakri's film "Jenin, Jenin" caused a storm in Israel and even made it to the Supreme Court (which made a decision banning its release).
The film deals with the events of Jenin in April 2002, when the Israeli Army invaded the West Bank town and the refugee camp as part of the so-called "Operation Defensive Shield.”
Palestinians as well as human rights groups accuse Israel of war crimes committed during the siege and invasion of the Palestinian refugee camp in April 2002. "Jenin Jenin" demonstrates the extent of Israeli oppression and terror and the effects they have left behind.
The screening of the film will be followed by Q&A discussion with film Director Mohammad Bakri.
Ways to help Palestinians:
1) Sign the following:
2) Call your US House Representative (202-225-3121) and tell them to cosponsor HR2590, The Palestinian Children & Families Act, so that Israel cannot use US funds to imprison and torture Palestinian children.
3) Learn more about Palestine at:
- American Muslims for Palestine (AMP)
- US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR)
- Rebuilding Alliance
- Adalah Justice Project
- Eyewitness Palestine
- Grassroots Al-Quds
- BDS Movement
- Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA)
- Palestinian American Medical Association (PAMA)
- We Are Not Numbers
4) Read the following books:
- Palestine...it is something colonial by Dr. Hatem Bazian
- Palestine: A Four Thousand Year History by Nur Masalha
5) Watch the following films:
- "1948: Creation & Catastrophe" at https://www.1948movie.com/
- "The Price of Oslo"
Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ism-ctaSbw0
Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgFWEVQTeHM
- "Gaza Fights for Freedom" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZSaKYmP2s
6) Boycott HP, PUMA, General Mills, Pillsbury, Sabra, SodaStream, ZARA, AHAVA, and Airbnb
View events for the week of 5/14/2022
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Free virtual screening of film: "Jenin, Jenin"|
|Import into your personal calendar|
|Date||Saturday May 14|
|Time||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
Added to the calendar on Friday May 13th, 2022 7:16 AM