View other events for the week of 8/14/2019
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Dan Kovalik: Plot to Overthrow Venezuela: U.S. Creating a Coup for Oil|
|Import into your personal calendar|
|Date||Wednesday August 14|
|Time||7:30 PM - 9:30 PM|
|Organizer/Author||KPFA Radio 94.1 FM|
Berkeley Hillside Club
2286 Cedar St
Berkeley, CA 94709
KPFA Radio 94.1 FM presents
The Plot to Overthrow Venezuela: How the U.S. Is Orchestrating a Coup for Oil
Hosted by: Sabrina Jacobs
Advance tickets: $12: brownpapertickets.com: T: 800-838-3006 or independent bookstores, $15 door, benefits KPFA Radio 94.1FM info: kpfa.org/events
Thankfully, Kovalik helps to cut through the Orwellian lies and dissembling which make this intervention possible, and just when such truth-telling is so desperately needed.
-Oliver Stone, Academy Award-winning director & screenwriter
Since 1999 when Hugo Chavez became the elected president of Venezuela, the US has been conniving to overthrow his government and to roll back the Bolivarian Revolution which he ushered in to Venezuela. The US is now threatening to intervene militarily to bring about the regime change it has wanted for twenty years. The Plot to Overthrow Venezuela argues that:
* U.S. interests in Venezuela have always centered upon one and only one thing: Venezuela's vast oil reserves.
* The US has supported one repressive regime after another in Venezuela to protect its oil interests
* Chavez and Maduro are not the "tyrants" we have been led to believe, but in fact have done much to advance the interests of democracy and economic equality in Venezuela.
* What the US and the Venezuelan opposition resent most is the fact that Chavez and Maduro have governed in the interest of Venezuela's vast numbers of poor and oppressed racial groups.
* While the US claims that it is has the interests of the Venezuelan people at heart, the fact is that the US war against Venezuela has greatly undermined the health and living conditions of millions of Venezuelans.
The battle for Venezuela now being waged will determine the fate of all of Latin America for many years to come.
Dan Kovalik is the author of critically-acclaimed The Plot to Scapegoat Russia, The Plot to Attack Iran, and The Plot to Control the World.
$12 advance, $15 door.
Added to the calendar on Sunday Jul 14th, 2019 10:37 PM