View other events for the week of 5/15/2019
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Action Day to Stop 5G - Protest Antenna at Oakland Wildlife Sanctuary and Elsewhere|
|Import into your personal calendar|
|Date||Wednesday May 15|
|Time||3:30 PM - 8:30 PM|
|Organizer/Author||East Bay activists against 5G|
|Starting at 3264 Lakeshore Ave in Oakland, and going to Oakland City Hall for 6pm Planning Commission|
Please join us in Oakland to stop the massive increase of wireless installations through 5G and small cell antennas, as part of a day of action happening around the country and beyond (see map for actions elsewhere at https://5gcrisis.com/ or organize your own!)
Bring a sign, bring your friends! See you there!
----- DETAILS FOR THE DAY OF ACTION IN OAKLAND:
====== ACTION #1: Telecom Stores - Educate with flyers and visuals, activists will spend approximately 15-20 minutes at each location and educate on this busy street as they walk from store to store
When: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Where: Multiple Stores on one block on Lakeshore Ave.
Meeting Place and Store #1: Verizon Wireless store at 3264 Lakeshore Ave.
Store #2: AT&T store at 3333 Lakeshore,
Store #3: T-Mobile store at 3201 Lakeshore
Store #4: Sprint store at 3199 Lakeshore
What to bring: Clipboards to hold flyers, collect signatures, sign letters for Gov. Newsom
- street meters
- Trader Joe's lot and upper level lot
- lot under the 580 freeway: enter on Lake Park Ave.
- lot at 3270 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA 94612
How to get to Trader Joe's Oakland: https://moovitapp.com/index/en/public_transit-Trader_Joe_s-SF_Bay_Area_CA-site_22272362-22
====== ACTION #2: Oakland City Hall Planning Commission Meeting - Protest with Public Comment the AT&T (New Cingular) 5G Antenna Project on Light Pole at Lake Merritt, >0.5 mile from the State's First Wildlife Refuge in North America for Migratory Birds and other Wildlife. Speakers have 2 minutes each for both Open Forum and Agenda Item.
When: 5:00 pm leave Lakeshore Ave. and arrive at City Hall - pre-arrange car share, public transit
- Public Speaker card - turn in by 6 pm, meeting starts at 6 pm
- Agenda Item #2 may not be at the beginning of the session, could take time if other agenda items are discussed first
Where: City Hall, Main Stairs/Elevator to Council Chambers, 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612
-Metered street parking until 6 pm
-Public Lot: https://oaklandcitycenter.com/parking
- Nearest BART - 12th Street
- Directions from Lakeshore Blvd: https://moovitapp.com/?from=Trader%20Joe%27s&to=Oakland%20City%20Hall&fll=37.8099_-122.24448&tll=37.80539_-122.27278&metroId=22&lang=en
Suggested Speaker Topics:
1) Open Forum
- 5G Education
- Do Not Remove the Design Review of Telecommunication Facility Applications from the Planning Commission's Decision-Making Process and Public Hearing Process to an Administrative Decision to be made by the Planning Director. For those who are coming and are willing to speak on this issue email 5GAwarenessEducation [at] gmail.com for more information.
2) Agenda Item #2: Application for Cell Antenna on Light Pole near 66 Lake Merritt Blvd.
- Proximity to Wildlife Sanctuary, Bird Migration, other estuary wildlife.
- 5G and wireless radiation
- Other, please email 5GAwarenessEducation [at] gmail.com for more information
----- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The agenda for the Planning Commission meeting is here: https://www.oaklandca.gov/meetings/may-15-2019-planning-commission-meeting
The direct link to the case file with details about the antenna near the sanctuary is at (Warning: file is 44 MB LARGE!): https://cao-94612.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/2019-05-15-PC-Item-02-for-Publication.pdf
For studies showing EMF harm to birds and other wildlife, see: https://ehtrust.org/science/bees-butterflies-wildlife-research-electromagnetic-fields-environment/
For more information about 5G and its implications for environmental health and privacy, please visit http://whatis5g.info/
Added to the calendar on Tuesday May 14th, 2019 2:05 PM