View other events for the week of 4/14/2017
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Without Walls: Abolition & Rethinking Education|
|Date||Friday April 14|
|Time||6:00 PM - 8:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California (ICCNC)
1433 Madison St.
Oakland, CA 94612
|Event Type||Panel Discussion|
|caz [at] ucsc.edu|
Without Walls: Abolition & Rethinking EducationAdded to the calendar on Tuesday Apr 11th, 2017 6:29 PM
- The Center for Political Education
- Chrissy Anderson-Zavala, UC Santa Cruz
- Farima Pour-Khorshid, Education for Liberation/Teachers 4 Social Justice
- Sagnicthe Salazar, Xicana Moratorium Coalition
- Sharif Zakout, Arab Resource and Organizing Center
- Rachel Herzing and Isaac Ontiveros, Center for Political Education
Closing remarks from:
- Melissa Crosby, People's Education Movement
Organizing to get police out of your school? Working on responses to harm in the classroom and staffroom that do not involve criminalization? Want a curriculum that creates possibilities to imagine and build a world without prisons and borders? Building to protect students and families from immigration enforcement (ICE)?
Come to this panel discussion with K-12 educators and abolitionist organizers that will deepen learning between and across these constituencies and identify needed tools and resources.
Organized and co-sponsored by: Critical Resistance - Oakland, People’s Education Movement (Bay Area), Education for Liberation, Teachers 4 Social Justice, Center for Political Education, Underground Scholars Initiative, and Ethnic Studies Summit.
Childcare provided by Abundant Beginnings.