From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: Santa Cruz Indymedia | Environment & Forest Defense View other events for the week of 3/16/2017
|Resist Trump's BLM!|
|Date||Thursday March 16|
|Time||3:30 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|CSUMB-National Steinbeck Center, One Main Street, Salinas|
|Organizer/Author||Yes on Measure Z- Protect Our Water|
CSUMB-National Steinbeck Center, One Main Street, Salinas
• 3:30pm -- Rally to Protest Trump's BLM (bring signs). Media will be invited.
• 4pm to 6pm -- Attend BLM public hearing to demand that oil & gas leases not be allowed.
• US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) wants to grant leases for oil and gas drilling on Monterey County lands with federal mineral rights.
• This is a direct assault on Measure Z, which Monterey County voters passed Nov 2016. Measure Z bans all new oil & gas drilling.
• Stand up for Local Control. Defend Measure Z!
• Resist Trump's BLM.
The original BLM plan allows oil and gas leases on hundreds of thousands of acres of land with federal mineral rights in Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Merced, Monterey, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and Stanislaus counties.
The newly proposed BLM plan ("preferred alternative") allows oil and gas leases on 368,800 acres of land with federal mineral rights. The public is invited to provide feedback regarding this proposed plan at the BLM public hearing, or via written comments.
Written comments are most effective if they are specific to the proposal or analysis. Comments must be received by April 6, 2017. Please submit comments by email to BLM_CA_OGEIS [at] blm.gov or by mail to Bureau of Land Management, California State Office, O&G Leasing DEIS Comments, 2800 Cottage Way Suite W-1623, Sacramento, CA 95825.
For more information about the Draft Resource Management Plan amendment/Draft EIS or for a copy of the document, please visit:http://www.blm.gov/programs/planning-and-nepa/plans-in-development/california/central-coast-rmp-amendment-for-oil-and-gas