View other events for the week of 1/ 7/2017
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Tweets Can Kill: die-in protest @Twitter vs Trump|
|Date||Saturday January 07|
|Time||4:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Twitter HQ 1355 Market St, San Francisco|
By giving voice to madmen and Nazis, Twitter is endangering lives all around the world for profit. Show them the cost of their actions by lying down “dead” in front of their corporate office. Bring a small sign to hold on the ground with a tweet that endangered a life (such as Donald’s one above).
If Twitter wishes to do business in a socially responsible city such as San Francisco, the company must take responsibility for its actions. The first step should be to ban its greatest abuser, @realDonaldTrump. Not only does his reckless tweeting put the real world at risk, he also violates Twitter’s terms of service.
Report his account for any of the following reasons:
* They’re being abusive or harmful:
* Engaging in targeted harassment (Boeing, Vanity Fair, Lauren Batchelder, Chuck Jones, etc)
* Directing hate against a race, religion, gender, or orientation (Muslims, Hispanics, etc)
* Threatening violence or physical harm (nukes galore)
* Being disrespectful or offensive (to most everyone)
* Pretending to be someone else (a responsible president)
Soon, Dishonest Donald will receive the @POTUS account. It would, of course, be unreasonable to ask Twitter to ban that one. It should only be suspended, for four years.