From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Related Categories: California | East Bay | U.S. | Environment & Forest Defense | Global Justice & Anti-Capitalism | Government & Elections | Police State & Prisons | Racial JusticeView other events for the week of 11/ 4/2016
|Solidarity March w Standing Rock: Bay Area Against the Black Snake|
|Date||Friday November 04|
|Time||6:30 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Meet at 25th and Telegraph, Oakland, CA|
Red Warrior MARCH & PRAYER walk to honor our relatives the Oceti Sakowin and all of the nations that have joined in the struggle against #DakotaAccessPipeline
We will gather at 25th and Telegraph.
Wear Red. Bring medicine, candles, reminders of our power.
Come in prayer.
"INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT TO JUSTICE EVERYWHERE" - MLK Jr.
We stand in solidarity against the Dakota Access Pipeline!
Our relatives at #StandingRock need our help URGENTLY to bring attention to the corruption that is a threatening our water. As inhabitants of Mother Earth we all have the obligation to protect her by any means necessary so join us, lets live while thinking of the #Next7Generations.
Hold picket signs to educate, awaken, and inspire our communities to take action and help us stop the construction of the #DAPL. This event is for those of us who want to take part, but are unable to make it to North Dakota. Lets show our solidarity.
Lets stand with our relatives, we will not allow for the rape of Native land. We stand with water protectors and land defenders, we will not allow the government and these greedy corporations to get away with this brutality.
Join us on Friday!
We will be collecting donations at Solespace after the walk.
In the meantime here are some ways you can help:
* Call North Dakota governor Jack Dalrymple at 701-328-2200. When leaving a message stating your support for the NoDAPL movement please be respectful and ask for peaceful resolution, and that respect be shown for the constitutional rights of those engaging in nonviolent direct actions involving civil disobedience. Remind him that the 1960s Civil Rights movement gained success through similar peaceful actions and was met with extreme local state repression and violence that is unacceptable in the 21st century. Ask him to recuse himself from the State Industrial Commission and avoid conflicts of interest in his service to the People of North Dakota and Big Oil. Ask him to visit the camps and share prayers and songs with our people, to listen to us as human beings who want only to protect our children and our future generations, and our water.
* Contact the Morton County Sheriffs Department:
Kyle Kirchmeier, Sheriff
205 1st Avenue NW
Mandan, ND 58554-3112
Ask them to demilitarize their tactics and protect ALL ND citizens and visitors. Request that they refrain from mass arrests, macing, clubbing, hooding, strip searching, and armed confrontation with UNARMED peaceful water protectors engaged in constitutionally protected civil disobedience. Ask them to inform their officers about treaty law, federal Indian law, and to provide training to their officers on responsible community policing, sacred sites protections, and the American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1978.
* Help us WINTERIZE! Donate items from the Sacred Stone Camp Supply List: http://sacredstonecamp.org/supply-list/ and visit the FAQ page for shipping info, travel info, and contact info.
*Call the White House at (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1414. Tell President Obama to deny the Army Corps of Engineers’ Permit for the Dakota Access Pipeline, and remind his administration of their commitment to combating Climate Change, and to implementing green/renewable nrg solutions -- and that fracking and fracked oil are NOT clean nrg. Tell them that Bakken oil extraction pollutes our air and water and yields millions of gallons of radioactive water and waste that is destroying our region's future in the name of nrg security -- which is meaningless without water security in the arid Northern Plains.
*Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense Fund: https://fundrazr.com/d19fAf
* Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp gofundme account: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
* Call the Army Corps of Engineers and demand that they deny the DAPL permit to bore under the Missouri River/Lake Oahe :
Remind them that the federally mandated Tribal Consultation Process is broken when Tribal Nations are merely informed that projects are already in process on our doorsteps, and we have been given no opportunity to propose alternatives.
*Call the executives of the companies that are building the pipeline:
Lee Hanse Executive Vice President Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 800 E Sonterra Blvd #400 San Antonio, Texas 78258 Telephone: (210) 403-6455 Lee.Hanse [at] energytransfer.com
Glenn Emery Vice President Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 800 E Sonterra Blvd #400 San Antonio, Texas 78258 Telephone: (210) 403-6762 Glenn.Emery [at] energytransfer.com
Michael (Cliff) Waters Lead Analyst Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. 1300 Main St. Houston, Texas 77002 Telephone: (713) 989-2404 Michael.Waters [at] energytransfer.com
*Donate to support the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's maintenance of the camp facilities (roads, supplies hauling, water tanks, waste removal, etc.) at http://standingrock.org/
*Donate to support Winter Yurts at Oceti Sakowin Camp https://www.crowdrise.com/winterize-water-protectors-camp
*Donate to the Pipeline Opposition paypal at http://Paypal.me/srstnodapl so we can supply our Sacred Ground 1851 Treaty Camp warriors with the equipment they need to stay safe