View other events for the week of 5/ 2/2016
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Press Conference at Alameda County Sheriff's Office|
|Date||Monday May 02|
|Time||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
1401 Lakeside Drive
|Event Type||Press Conference|
|Organizer/Author||Bay Area May Day Coalition|
MAY DAY - Day of Action! Organized by the Bay Area May Day CoalitionAdded to the calendar on Saturday Apr 30th, 2016 9:48 PM
Monday, May 2nd
11am Press Conference at the Sheriff’s Office
1401 Lakeside Drive, Oakland
POINTS OF UNITY
- UPHOLD WORKER AND STUDENT RIGHTS
- LEGALIZATION FOR ALL UNDOCUMENTED MIGRANTS, IMMEDIATE END TO DEPORTATIONS
- SUPPORT THE STRUGGLE OF BLACK COMMUNITIES AGAINST STATE VIOLENCE IN THE U.S.
- BRING OUR LOVED ONES HOME FROM PRISONS, JAILS, AND DETENTION CENTERS
- BUILD AND DEFEND STRONG AND HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
- END U.S. MILITARY AGGRESSION & CAPITALIST POLICIES THAT FORCE MIGRATION
"We, the Bay Area May Day Coalition, call on all immigrant, labor, and community of color organizations to endorse and mobilize for May 1st and May 2nd, 2016.
In the Bay Area our communities face increased state and economic violence. Only by building a mass movement in the streets that unites all of our struggles can we win our fight for justice and dignity. This May Day, it’s our day to vote!"