View other events for the week of 1/ 7/2015
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Conservation Committee (Santa Cruz Sierra Club) meeting|
|Date||Wednesday January 07|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Louden Nelson Community Center Room 4
301 Center Street, Santa Cruz, CA
Care about environmental issues in Santa Cruz County? The Sierra Club Conservation Committee discusses and reviews conservation issues that are affecting our community, including topics such as forestry, wildlife habitats, water, transportation, pollution, preservation of heritage trees, and more. Our meetings are open to the public, and we are seeking new members!
This Committee provides recommended actions to the Sierra Club Executive Committee regarding how to address these issues, such as writing letters to officials stating the Sierra Club Group's position.
Try to arrive sustainably by walking, biking, taking the bus, or carpooling. You can offer or request rides below or on our MeetUp page:
Learn more about the Santa Cruz Sierra Club on our website:
Meeting agendas and notes posted here:
CONSERVATION COMMITTEE AGENDA
1. Welcome and introductions
Forestry issues: Jukka
Water issues: Mary
Garbage cans on Main Beach: Gillian
Water Quality at Cowellʼs: Gillian
4. Regional Transportation Commission: Tawn
5. Watsonville Climate Action Plan - Learn more here.
6. Amendments of Countyʼs General Plan/Local Coastal Program Public Safety and Noise Elements, and Amendments of County Code Geologic Hazards Ordinance, Floodplain Regulations, and Erosion Control Ordinance. Learn more here. NOTE: DEADLINE FOR COMMENTS: JAN. 21st.
7. Supportive letter re name change for Fish & Game Advisory Commission.
8. Next meeting date.
A. City CAP, Watsonville CAP
B. Aptos Safeway project
C. Watsonville farmland development
D. City Habitat Conservation Plan
E. Riparian law changes – all jurisdictions
F. Large developments in riparian areas
G. Cemex property land uses
City and County political bodies
Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Scott’s Valley & Capitola City Council and Planning
Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors & Planning Commission/Zoning Administrator agendas