View other events for the week of 9/21/2014
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Meatless Monday on Sunday|
|Date||Sunday September 21|
|Time||4:00 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
The Resource Center for Nonviolence
612 Ocean Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95010
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
|candace.laning [at] gmail.com|
|Address||612 Ocean Street|
Wondering what to make at home on Meatless Monday? Let’s try out a bunch of different dishes and find out what you like! I had some requests for a potluck so people could try out some home-cooked food and figure out what to make for themselves. There will be some full-time vegetarians and vegans in attendance who are terrific cooks, so the food should be great and you can get some inspiration!
Multiple meetup groups are attending.
What to Bring
1. Bring about 8 side-dish-size servings per person of meatless food. Better to err of the side of more than less.
2. Bring a recipe that lists all ingredients so that people with allergies or food restrictions know what they can eat.
3. Bring a plate, bowl, utensils, and something for yourself to drink.
4. Please change your RSVP if you’re not coming so we don’t stress if you’re not there. We will watch for you.
5. Please say what you’re bringing so we have a balance of dishes for our meal.
If possible, since there will be people there who don’t eat animal products (because of allergies, health, and so on), if you can bring vegan food, that would be appreciated. It’s not a judgment about how you eat: it’s merely practical so we have enough food for everyone. Plus, eating no animal products on Meatless Monday is even better for the environment than eating vegetarian! Another alternative is to cook part of your dish vegetarian and leave out the animal product in the other half, or have it as an optional add-on (such as blue cheese on a salad).