IF you are treated like a suspect, a gang banger or drug dealer, just because of the color of your skin,
Added to the calendar on Saturday Aug 9th, 2014 2:32 PM
IF you, or a loved one, is one of the 2.4 million locked up, or in the clutches of criminal “Injustice”,
IF you or your family are targeted, or detained, or deported cuz you came from “Somewhere Else”,
OR, IF you just HATE how other people are treated, and want to END IT
You need to ACT!
This year, October 22nd is part of a nationwide October Month of Resistance to Mass Incarceration, Police Terror, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation. Oakland, and the Bay Area, with its powerful history of struggle against, recognized the world over, needs to play a BIG part in this movement to end Mass Incarceration and every way it targets, brutalizes, locks up and demonizes people.
• First weekend of October – Faith Communities - Churches, Synagogues & Mosques
- standing together and calling for an end to Mass Incarceration
• October 12 - “Not One More!” demonstration against Round-ups and Deportations
• Throughout October, conferences, speak-outs, concerts and cultural expressions, TBA
• October 30th National “Wear Orange Day”
October 2014 must be a month where thousands and thousands, all across the country, are standing up to say, Mass Incarceration must end NOW! Not the next generation, not in ten years, but NOW! October 2014 must be the beginning of the end of the mass incarceration in the U.S.
Join Us – Be part of CHANGING HISTORY!
19th Annual National Day to Stop Police Brutality,
Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation
Press Conference and Rally 12 Noon,
Rally and March, 4 Pm
Oscar Grant Plaza (14th/Broadway) Oakland