View other events for the week of 7/ 2/2014
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Public Forum: The Crisis in Iraq & The Role of the U.S.|
|Date||Wednesday July 02|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2969 Mission St. near 26th St.
24th St. BART; #14, 49 MUNI
|answer [at] answersf.org|
Join us for informative presentations by activists and journalists who have traveled to the Middle East and helped organize mass anti-war protests here in the U.S.
- What and who is behind the new crisis and intensified fighting inside Iraq?
- What is causing the conflicts between different ethnic and religious groups?
- Why does the corporate media dishonestly talk about “age-old rivalries,” while covering up the real causes of the conflict?
- What is the relationship between the civil wars in Syria and Iraq? What is the role of Iran? Saudi Arabia? The United States?
- How can the people stop a new war in the Middle East?
$5-10 donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)
Wheelchair accessible. Refreshments provided.