View other events for the week of 4/30/2014
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Earth Day to May Day: Picket against Health and Safety issues with Crude by Rail|
|Date||Wednesday April 30|
|Time||5:00 AM - 5:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Union Pacific’s Ozol Train Yard – Embarcadero St and Berrellessa St. - Martinez|
Wednesday, April 30th:Added to the calendar on Saturday Apr 26th, 2014 9:07 PM
Picket against Health and Safety issues with Crude by Rail
All Shifts of the day starting at 5:30 AM – Union Pacific’s Ozol Train Yard – Martinez
Union Pacific and other railroad companies have been endangering the workers, the community, and the environment by cutting back on health and safety standards and shipping tons of volatile oil through Martinez and the Bay Area every day. The Lac Megantic Derailment (a train derailment that killed 40 people and blew up half of the town) is a perfect example of how railroad companies endanger the workers, the community, and the environment.
(1) All Bakken crude must be 2x inspected; (every 250 miles);
(2) All Bakken crude be classified as “key” trains; CFR
(3) All Bakken crude trains be crewed by 4 railroad workers. Bring back the caboose!
(4) All Bakken crude be transported in at least T-112 cars with shelf couplers
(5) Cities must pressure the federal government to reintroduce and enforce the best Health and Safety standards1
(6) all cars must be properly marked with signage, numbers, etc.
(7) No Hazardous materials through populated areas
(8) No long and heavy trains