View other events for the week of 1/16/2014
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Join Us to Demand a Full Environmental Impact Report for the Sharp Park Pumphouse Project|
|Date||Thursday January 16|
|Time||12:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
San Francisco City Hall, Room 400
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
Please join the Wild Equity Institute at San Francisco City Hall in Room 400 on Thursday, 1/16 at Noon to speak up and demand a full environmental impact report on the Sharp Park Pumphouse Project. We need to pack the chamber with supporters!!!
A full environmental review is needed because:
• Experts have stated even a mitigated Pumphouse Project will have significant impacts on the California Red-legged Frog and San Francisco Garter Snake populations at Sharp Park. Both of these animals are protected under the Endangered Species Act.
• The Pumphouse Project will have significant environmental effects on the water quality and hydrology at Sharp Park.
• There are alternatives to the Pumphouse Project and an EIR is needed to adequately consider these alternatives.
• Sharp Park is suffering from a piecemeal approach to planning.
• The Pumphouse Project conflicts with the Coastal Act.
• The impact on the recovery plan for the California Red-legged Frog is not addressed in the Pumphouse Project.
When the Sharp Park pump is used as planned it drains so much water that federally protected California Red-legged frog egg masses are exposed and left to die. This pumping threatens future generation of frogs! The Sharp Park Pumphouse Project must undergo a thorough environmental review.
If this Mitigated Negative Declaration is approved, the full environmental impact of this project will not be assessed. Please join us at San Francisco City Hall to demand a full environmental review of the Sharp Park Pumphouse Project.
Read more at http://wildequity.org/entries/3323