The Postal Service is still trying to sell the downtown Berkeley Post Office (and privatize the entire USPS). We're still trying to save it. The Berkeley City Council will be considering a proposal in late January to help that effort, a Zoning Overlay Ordinance that will make the entire Historic District Area (including the Post Office) less attractive to private, commercial development.
To keep up the pressure on all concerned, and let them know that the people STILL do not want Post Offices sold, Berkeley Post Office Defenders invite you to twenty-four hours of activities beginning at 11:00 AM.
Activities will include
Come join us! Bring your friends!
- petition signing and flyer distribution (11-2)
- presentations, teach-ins (11-2)
- music (2-5), including the Funky Nixons, Phat Love, and Fresh Juice Party!
- arts and crafts
- dinner and a movie (6-10)
- letter writing
- an empathy circle
- a study group
- a free clothing box
- tents and signs
- light brigade spelling out slogans of resistance (around 7:00 PM)
Sponsored by: Berkeley Post Office Defenders.
Added to the calendar on Monday Jan 13th, 2014 9:33 PM