$108.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: South Bay | Police State and Prisons | Racial Justice
The Justice for Trayvon Martin Movement Grows in San Jose (part 2, photos from 7/21)
Photos from the July 21 rally for Justice for Trayvon Martin at San Jose City Hall and march to to the federal building. [top photo: San Jose City Hall]
For videos of speakers at the rally, the march, and the short blockade of a light rail train, see:
The Justice for Trayvon Martin Movement Grows in San Jose
San Jose Trayvon Martin organizers stand in solidarity with Los Angeles and read off the following demands:
1. Federal charges against Zimmerman.
2. Pardon Marissa Alexander.
3. Halt new jail & prison construction.
4. End gang injunctions & databases.
5. Community control over all law enforcement via an elected civilian review board.
Are You Surprised? The System Has Failed Once Again. No Justice No Peace!
My Hoodie Does Not Define Me. I am Trayvon Martin!
Headline: 'They Beat Me Down'
Justice for Trayvon, Prison for Zimmerman