Information Session for folks interested in joining the Peer Counseling Collective at the Berkeley Free Clinic.
Three info sessions will be held:
Sunday June 30 - 11am-1pm
Thursday July 11 - 7pm-9pm
Thursday July 25 - 7pm-9pm
The Berkeley Free Clinic is a volunteer collective that has provided community health care and referral services since 1969. The Peer Counseling Collective (PCC) offers free drop-in and long-term counseling. Our counseling model is based on that of Carl Rogers and is client-centered, emphasizing the importance of feeling, listening, empathy, and unconditional positive regard.
We are currently accepting applications until August 1, 2013 for a training that will begin on Thursday, September 26, 2013. Our training has the reputation of being a self-exploratory learning experience that prepares its trainees well for counseling in a community-centered health model. Training lasts six months and takes place on Thursday evenings and Sundays. The ability to make a one-year commitment after training is required to volunteer within the PCC.
The PCC is currently recruiting volunteers who:
- Are ready to discuss all sorts of life challenges and problems in a non-judgmental way
- Are eager to develop new skills and learn about themselves in the process
- Are comfortable with a diverse set of people
- Are available to attend all classes and complete all training requirements
- Are ready to make a one-year commitment after completion of the training
- Want to be part of a collective
- Believe in health care for people, not for profit!
For more information and to apply, download an application on the "VOLUNTEER" page at http://www.berkeleyfreeclinic.org/pages/volunteer
Peer Counseling Collective
Berkeley Free Clinic
2339 Durant Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 548-2744 x2250 (M-F 6:30-9pm)
E-mail: pcctraining2013 [at] gmail.com