Hey future jycans!
Do you want to:
- build a tight knit community with other teens who care about justice?
- Learn, build, and practice leadership skills?
- Explore the connections between Judaism and activism?
Then JYCA (Jewish Youth for Community Action) is a great fit for you!! Come to our infosession to learn more, experience JYCA, and get information on how to join!!!
What is JYCA???
JYCA (Jewish Youth for Community Action) is an innovative leadership training program dedicated to empowering Jewish youth and contributing to social justice. JYCA forms a tight-knight group in which every individual is respected and valued, everyone's ideas are taken seriously, and enthusiastic participation is the norm. Being a part of JYCA means something different to everyone, but without a doubt, being a part of this organization will change your life.
* INFOSESSION is for youth aged 8th-11th grade!
* JYCA is proud to be Youth-Led, meaning that youth are involved at every level of the organization (from picking campaigns, to leading workshops, to fundraising, to writing this blurb!)
* JYCA is a safe space for people with various life backgrounds and experiences. JYCA participants have a very wide range of experiences with Jewish Practice/Culture!
"Personally, JYCA has had an enormous impact on my life. Besides enjoying being around a welcoming, tight-knit community atmosphere, JYCA has sparked an interest in activism that I didn't even know existed. Being educated about what is going on in the world we live in, and doing what what I can to try and mend some issues in it has made me very passionate and excited to help the world around me."
-Olivia, age 17, Piedmont High School
For more information about JYCA, program details, cost, etc. please visit our Tumblr!
If you can't make it to infosession but are interested, feel free to email or call for more information about JYCA and on how to join!
Added to the calendar on Sunday May 26th, 2013 7:37 PM