View other events for the week of 4/ 1/2013
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Bay Area Immigrants Rights March - Cesar Chavez Day|
|Date||Monday April 01|
|Time||12:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Oakland, International Blvd and 34th Street|
|email [at] bamn.com|
BAMN CALL TO ACTION to Fight for Full Citizenship Rights for All
And that All School Districts Recognize the Cesar Chavez Holiday
(This is a solidarity march with the national immigrant rights march on April 10 in Washington D.C.)
• Pass the FEDERAL DREAM ACT NOW!
• Replace partial probationary status with full citizenship rights for all people who live here, go to school here, work here, and otherwise contribute to this society. Latina/o, black, Asian, Arab, Native American, white, immigrants with and without papers–we are ALL Americans.
• Open the borders—give people the same rights that NAFTA provides to the corporations for unrestricted passage across borders.
• No restrictions to gaining citizenship should be placed on young people brought by their parents.
• No fines for the millions of people without papers who are here now. No more deportations.
• Clear, definite timelines should be set for people to gain citizenship—not indefinite probation.