Annual Health Students Sacramento March and Rally for Medicare for All
Monday, February 11, Sacramento
11 AM: March Leaves Embassy Suites Hotel on Capitol Mall, Sacramento
12 Noon: Rally on North Steps of Capitol Building,
March to California Association of Health Plans, protesting ruinous premium hikes.
See below for information on bus trips from your area.
This annual march of health students in Sacramento is the most exciting Medicare for All event of the year, as block upon block of white-coated health students march by, demanding equal, affordable, accessible healthcare for all. Their chants can be heard from blocks away. You don’t want to miss it! See pics and videos of previous years’ marches and rallies, with more information on health student organizing for Medicare for All. http://tinyurl.com/45wajgq
Join the CA Health Professional Students Association, CARA and the Campaign for a Healthy California for the kick off of this year’s campaign to win real health care for all in California. Buses will leave from various locations around the state. Call the contact below to reserve a seat today. There will be a march leaving the Embassy Suites Hotel on the Capitol Mall at 11am, followed by a rally at 12 noon at the Capitol (North Steps) and then a march to the Association of Health Plans office (3 blocks from Capitol). Lunch will be provided after the rally. Reserve your seat on a bus today, or meet us at the march or rally. This is always a fun and exciting event. Once you have gone, you’ll want to come back every year.
Bus pick up locations are listed below (call to reserve a seat):
• San Francisco - SF Main Library at Larkin and Fulton at 9am. (reserve a seat through Don Bechler at Single Payer Now – 415-810-5826)
• Richmond - Target at 42nd and MacDonald Ave at 9:30am (reserve a seat through CARA at 510-663-4086)
• Berkeley - Ashby Bart at 9am (reserve a seat through CARA at 510-663-4086).
• San Jose - South Bay Labor Council, 2102 Almaden Road, San Jose at 9am (reserve a seat through Greg Miller 408-254-3331) brogregm [at] sbcglobal.net
• Grass Valley - KMart, 111 W. McKnight Way at 9:30am (reserve a seat through Mindy healthcareforall [at] bagglady.com
• Roseville - UDW office, 800 Sunrise Ave Suite C at 10:15am (reserve a seat through Diana at 916-435-9760)
• Fresno - Mervyn’s Parking Lot, Ashlan and Shields at 7:30am (reserve a seat through Judy Hess at 559-907-0279.
• Modesto - Old Krispy Kreme, Briggsmore at Highway 99 at 9:15am (reserve a seat through Carol Bailey at 209-921-0499)
• Stockton - Clarion Hotel, Highway 99 @ Waterloo at 10am. (reserve a seat through Carol Bailey at 209-951-0499)