View other events for the week of 5/ 9/2012
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|WOMENCOTT Samsung! SAVE Jeju Island|
|Date||Wednesday May 09|
|Time||7:30 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
711 Van Ness
(in East Bay, gather MacArthur BART platform 7:30; meet in SF Civic Center BART on Market & 9th; short MARCH to Korean Consulate - 5 blocks)
|mzsam [at] bayareacodepink.org|
Act to SAVE JEJU ISLAND
From U.S. Nuclear Warhead Missile Naval Base!
National Day of SMASHING SAMSUNG!
The corporate war profiteer
National Day of Action in Support of Jeju Island Activists
May 9th, Wednesday
711 Van Ness St, San Francisco
What would YOU do if a private contractor in the name of our military was destroying any of our U.S. Natural Wonders, like Yosemite or Yellowstone, to build a military base for housing part of the Aegis Nuclear Warhead Missile “Defense” System?
Which is exactly what is happening on Jeju Island.
AND what is also happening? The incredibly courageous people of Jeju Island have been fighting the destruction of their island, their 10,000 year old ways of life, this threat to all our world’s peace. for over 5 years now.
We in the U.S. MUST stand in support of the activists of Jeju Island:
• Not just because Jeju Island is one of the SEVEN Wonders of the World
• Not just because 9 of the 66 unique ecosystems existing in our world are on Jeju Island
• Not just because Jeju is perhaps the oldest matriarchy still in existence today
• Not just because presently there is NO military base on this island
• But also because it is imperative that we, as citizens of the one country in the world that has the MOST nuclear weapons and the one country that has ever used those weapons against human beings, we MUST stand against further nuclear proliferation.
• And also because we can successfully Womencott Samsung and prevent the building of this naval base!!!
So we call upon the anti-war activists, the environmental activists, the anti-nuclear activists, and all those who want to work for peace in our world to join us Wednesday and stand with the non-violent, unarmed peaceful activists of Jeju Island fighting U.S. imperialism and military industrial complex.
WOMENCOTT Samsung in front of the Korean Consulate! Bring your Samsung products (should you own any), empty Samsung boxes, ads, banners, signs, posters and join us!
7:30am Meet upstairs on the MacArthur BART platform
8:00am Gather on Market & 9th in front of the Civic Center BART
8:15am MARCH to the Korean Consulate
9:00am Korean Consulate PROTEST!