View other events for the week of 4/18/2012
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Speaker Panel: Women and the Sustainable Body|
|Date||Wednesday April 18|
|Time||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Lokey Graduate School of Business 101, at Mills College, 5000 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA, 94613|
|Event Type||Panel Discussion|
As part of Mills College Earth Week, the Sustainability Center and the Institute for Civic Leadership present the speaker panel: Women and the Sustainable Body. The panelists will provide important insights into the dangers and innovations associated with navigating the toxins we’ve introduced into our world. From pesticide regulation, to start-up sustainable business, to outdoor engagement, to labor activism, to food preparation, they use a variety of strategies to contribute to women’s overall health in relationship to the environment.
Our panelists include:
1. Rue Mapp, Founder of Outdoor Afro and Youth Investment Program Officer at the Foundation for Youth Investment
2. Jennifer Andrea “Yaya” Porras, Performance artist, poet and activist around issues of farmworker rights
3. Dorothy Calimaris, Director of Auxiliary Services for Mills College
4. Nova Lee, Founder & Inventor at Buda Star Inc.
5. Martha Sanchez, Environmental Scientist with the California Department of Pesticide Regulation, Worker Health and Safety Division