View other events for the week of 1/ 8/2012
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Oakland Occupy Patriarchy Build-up Event|
|Date||Sunday January 08|
|Time||12:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
19th and Telegraph
|oaklandoccupypatriarchy [at] gmail.com|
Calling all womonists/feminists, queers and our allies!
The awesome womyn and queers of Oakland Occupy Patriarchy are planning the first Build-up Event to a long-term occupation this Sunday, January 8th from noon until 4pm at 19th & Telegraph, Oakland.
Preliminary activities for the day include:
• Food/pot luck
• Music, Drumming
• Open Mic
• Potlatch/free market
• Children’s games
If you would like to contribute, participate, share your skills and talents, contact info below! Or just BE THERE!
For more information, email oaklandoccupypatriarchy [at] gmail.com or go to
Points of Unity for a Feminist & Queer Occupation
1. This capitalist society is based upon a racist, white supremacist, patriarchal order. Our organizing must confront, and attack structural racism and white supremacy in this city and in our own spaces.
2. Women, Trans people, Queers, Fags, Dykes, need a space that is OURS. We are marginalized, harassed, and attacked in other spaces all the time. We do not all have the same needs and desires; our relationships with one another are structured by the intensified oppression of people of color, trans people and poor folks. However, we think we can support each other and increase our power by working together.
3. While we know we are not all affected in the same way by patriarchy, we do believe that our degradation, marginalization and harassment is systematic and structural. Though we cannot be fully liberated until we abolish patriarchy, white supremacy, capitalism in all their forms, this does not mean we must continue to allow these systems to victimize us.
4. We are against Non-Profit Organizations. They support the system we want to destroy and pay less than lip-service to the communities they claim to aid. Non-profits have created a style of political organizing that will never really threaten capitalism, patriarchy, or white supremacy.
5. We are against the cops; they are our enemy. Police protect the interests of the ruling class, repress our resistance, harass, injure, rape, kill people in our communities. We do not seek to reform, negotiate, or work with this system; instead, we work with each other!