View other events for the week of 12/29/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Stockton Kwanzaa Celebration ~ The Haggin Museum|
|Date||Thursday December 29|
|Time||2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
1201 N. Pershing Ave.
Stockton, CA 95203
|blackagriculture [at] yahoo.com|
|Address||Victory Park, 1201 N. Pershing Ave.|
Ujamaa Celebration ~ "The Greatest Garden in the World."
Our Stockton Kwanzaa is a "California Grown" celebration will showcase the agriculture bounty of the Central Valley.
All ethnic cultures and ages are welcome to come and celebrate.
Everyone is invited to join this special 45th Anniversary of Kwanzaa
* Ingathering of the people - bringing together the most valuable harvest for the renewing & strenghthening amongst each other.
* Reverence for the Creator and Creation - Giving thanks to the Creator for a good life for all and to renew right and harmonious relationship with the divine, natural and social orders.
* Commemoration of the past - expressing reverent respect for the worthy anceators and models of ethical life, honoring their struggles and achievements.
* Recommitment to Cultural Ideals - the renewal and rededication in thought and practice to the principles and values that serve as a grounding for family and our communities.
* Celebration of the good - the good of our Creator, Creation and life, of ourselves as a people, our History and Culture, and the harvests yet to come.