View other events for the week of 11/13/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Green Action Day|
|Date||Sunday November 13|
|Time||10:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Chung Tai Zen Center of Sunnyvale
750 E. Arques Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
|Organizer/Author||Abbot Ven. JianHu|
|sunnyvale [at] ctzen.org|
To protect our environment, reduce energy consumption, and promote a green, eco-friendly living, the Zen Center of Sunnyvale invites you to an educational and practical "Green Action Day" on Sunday, November 13.
With an emphasis on hands-on learning, interactive demonstration, bite-sized information from experts, practical tips, green samples and souvenirs to take home, the Green Action Day will be fun and enriching.
Just a bit of what the five different eco-stations have to offer:
- Make citrus and green cleanser from food scraps and know about doing greener laundry.
- Learn how to read product labels to spot toxic ingredients.
- See close-up how the solar panels on the Zen Center rooftop, and get expert insights on renewable energy and conservation.
- Find out much more than you think you can recycle and get the kids engaged.
- How about earth-friendly planting -- pick up tips from Santa Clara County Master Gardener and take home mini-greenhouses, seeds, and potting soil to start your organic garden!
Bring your questions to experts in their fields: Diana Ma, PhD, VP of SunPower Corp, Wangteng Tsai, PhD, Environmental Engineering Consultant, Hailen Mak, M.D., M.P.H., Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, and Nella Henninger, Events Chair from the Santa Clara County/UC Master Gardener Program will be here to present practical information, answer questions, and engage you in interactive and hands-on activities.
E-waste and metal waste recycling: bring your old batteries, TV, computer, toaster, cell phones, even bicycles to be recycled.
Plant-based diet is nutritious to your body and can be very delicious, and save the planet at the same time. Come sample healthy veggie snacks, learn how to make a delightful veggie spring roll, and enjoy a light and splendid vegetarian lunch!