From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: East Bay | Global Justice and Anti-Capitalism | Labor & Workers | LGBTI / Queer
View other events for the week of 11/ 2/2011
Import this event into your personal calendar.
feminists and queers against capitalism bloc in oakland general strike!
Wednesday November 02
14th and Broadway in front of Wallgreens. look for banner!
Join the Feminist Bloc Of the Oakland General strike.
Added to the calendar on Tuesday Nov 1st, 2011 12:55 PM
Converge: 4:30pm to march at 5pm sharp with the Oakland General Strike march to shut down the Oakland port. Meet outside of Walgreens at 14th and Broadway. Look for the banner “Feminists and Queers against Capitalism.”
- Our labor in this society is unacknowledged, underappreciated and
ignored, both when it is waged and when it is free.
- Women, trans people, and queers bear the brunt of capitalist crisis in the form of budget cuts and reactionary violence.
- The police are attacking our communities: putting us in jail, in the
ground, or leaving us to pick up the pieces.
- We are tired of having children who’s only future is to be workers or
prisoners of The Man’s world.
- Inside and outside the workplace our bodies are controlled, cut up,
restricted, abused, beaten, and used.
We may seem like mere victims in this capitalist, patriarchal, racist
system, but in reality these systems cannot sustain themselves without our participation. Which is why today we STRIKE!
FEMINIST STRIKE MEANS: No business as usual
We meet in the streets and become stronger: If you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!