View other events for the week of 10/ 8/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Solidarity with SHU Hunger Strike! March and Noise Demonstration|
|Date||Saturday October 08|
|Time||6:30 PM - 8:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Meet at Louden Nelson Park.
March to County Jail.
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
|Organizer/Author||Anti-Prison Santa Cruz|
12,000 prisoners are on hunger strike across the state of California in resistance to conditions in Special Housing Units (SHU).
The prisoner's demands are simple:
1. End Administration Abuse & Group Punishment
2. Abolish the Debriefing Policy & Modify Gang Status Criteria
3. End Long Term Solitary Confinement
4. Provide Adequate and Nutritious Food
5. Expand and Provide Constructive Programming & Privileges
After a march through town to distribute information, we will have a noisy demonstration at the county jail to let the inmates hear that they are not alone.
Stand in solidarity with prisoners everywhere.
Amplify their voices to the streets where we live.