View other events for the week of 7/ 5/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|The Development of U.S. imperialism...The challenges in Making revolution|
|Date||Tuesday July 05|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
2425 Channing Way (in the Sather Gate Parking Mall off of Telegraph Avenue).Wheelchair accessible,donations accepted.
|revolutionbooks [at] sbcglobal.net|
|Address||2425 Channing Way,Berkeley, CA|
“The development of U.S. imperialism, shifts in social relations and conditions, and challenges in making revolution” – Presentation and discussion
In part 2 of his recent talk, “Birds Cannot Give Birth to Crocodiles, but Humanity Can Soar Beyond the Horizon,” Bob Avakian, Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA, explores the challenges of “Building the Movement for Revolution,” including:
* “The development of U.S. imperialism, shifts in social relations and conditions, and challenges in making revolution”
* “Bedrock forces for revolution, breaking with dogma and stereotypes”
* Why “we have to have a living scientific approach, and a living scientific method, in relation to transforming reality”
* “We are not going to make revolution by trying to superimpose on reality a model of how a socialist transformation is ‘supposed’ to take place. That is why, among other reasons, the Trotskyites seem so ridiculous. They come around talking about ‘the labor movement’ and ‘the trade unions,’ as if they are in Western Europe at the end of the 19th century.”
* “The most bedrock force for revolution will include ‘lower and deeper’ sections of the proletariat, certainly .. It will include many immigrants among them...But it will also be, and perhaps will largely be , basic masses, particularly those concentrated in the inner cities—many of whom are not strictly speaking part of the proletarian class—who will make up this most bedrock force.
* The profound contradictions asserting themselves today in the U.S. that are unresolved—and unresolvable – within this system and which can be driving forces for revolution.
Presentation & Discussed will draw from sections: “The development of U.S. imperialism, shifts in social relations and conditions, and challenges in making revolution,” “Bedrock forces for revolution, breaking with dogma and stereotypes”and “Profound and acute contradictions, real potential for revolution.”(online at: http://revcom.us/avakian/birds/birds02-en.html)