View other events for the week of 5/ 9/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|occupation of the CA Capitol begins|
|Date||Monday May 09|
|Time||10:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
The State Capitol grounds,
No More Taxes for Wars & Occupations
No More Tax Breaks for the Rich & Their Corporations
To be clear, this is a march and strike in direct challenge to Governor Jerry Brown and the legislature’s austerity measures in California. The budget “fixes” proposed will come down on the backs of the most vulnerable, while continuing to provide corporate welfare, funds and use of California National Guard in wars of aggression, and a regressive tax structure.
We believe there is a better way:
* Close Corporate Tax Loopholes & Incentives
* Fully fund education and other social programs
* End state funding for National Guard Units leaving California
* Raise Taxes (Employ Austerity) on California’s 650,000 Millionaire Households
* Employ Massive Prison Reform & Drastically alter Criminalization Codes
* Bring Single-Payer Health Care to California
* Mandate and Create a Zero Carbon Economy to Mitigate Climate Change
All this is to say: End the financial and discriminatory wars on women, workers, unions, immigrants, indigenous peoples, disabled, and people of color, the poor, and homeless communities.
All this is to say: End the ecocidal war against the state and the planet.
All this is to say: End the cycle of perpetual war, occupation, and terrorism being conducted around the globe.