View other events for the week of 5/21/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|World Week for the Abolition of Meat - May 2011 Campaign|
|Date||Saturday May 21|
|Time||12:00 PM - 12:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
It is a sad assessment that, despite the fact that the animals used for food represent almost all the animals exploited, they are extremely invisibilized. It is up to us, activists, to make their lives and their miserable destiny visible and to present prospects for putting an end to their slaughtering. It is up to us to proclaim that it is morally necessary to abolish the exploitation of animals used for their flesh.Added to the calendar on Tuesday May 3rd, 2011 2:29 AM
Call for the upcoming WWAM: from May 21 to May 28, 2011
As you know, the World Week for the Abolition of Meat (http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/wwam) organized at the end of January which was very successful (http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/event/2011-01/closing_communique) was organized in both Americas, in Asia and in Europe.
The next WWAM (http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/call) will take place between May 21 and May 28, 2011.
The aim is to promote again and again the idea that the production and consumption of animal flesh must be abolished (http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/presentation).
We will take action as long as the demand remains necessary.
Our societies have to pronounce on the unjustifiable character of meat consumption from an ethical viewpoint: it involves sacrificing the basic interests of innumerable sentient beings whereas eating meat is unnecessary.
The idea is to claim loud and clear that it is not only the duty of each individual to stop supporting the murderous exploitation required by the consumption of animal flesh and "by-products", but that it is also, therefore, the duty of societies as a whole to declare themselves in favor of the banning of farming, fishing and hunting.
If you're committed to making our shared cause progress, starting today, you may:
1) plan actions for this upcoming WWAM and publish announcements of your actions on this form (http://meat-abolition.org/publish) -- this is essential for promotion!
You can find material here: http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/resources.
2) post this call, circulate it widely and publish it on the indymedia (http://www.indymedia.org/) in the various towns of your country (please let us know about your publications by sending us an email at contact(at)meat-abolition.org);
3) contact the media about the demand for the abolition of meat and about the events that will be organized around it;
4) print and distribute leaflets (http://www.nomoremeat.org/material/Flyer_Abolition_of_Meat.pdf) and brochures (http://abolir-la-viande.org/pdf/meat-abolition.pdf);
5) send in your logo (maximum 150 pixels for length and width) if you have one so that it can be published on the "partakers" page (http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/supporters);
6) make contributions on the subject (such as analysis texts, fiction, poetry, drawings, films, performances, banners, etc.) that may get published on the website.
WWAM organization: http://meat-abolition.org (under construction)
Short, introductory texts:
For a world-wide movement for the abolition of meat: http://meatabolition.blogspot.com/
Frequently asked questions: http://www.meat-abolition.org/en/faq
For in-depth information: "Meat Abolition" brochure (http://abolir-la-viande.org/pdf/meat-abolition.pdf)
French-language discussion group: http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/abolitiongroup/
To subscribe, send a blank message to: abolitiongroup-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com.
English-language international discussion group list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/meatabolition
To subscribe, send a blank message to: meatabolition-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com
Facebook : http://www.causes.com/causes/55332-international-movement-for-the-abolition-of-meat
This call is available in the following languages:
français : http://www.meat-abolition.org/fr/appel