View other events for the week of 2/23/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Fruitvale Injunction Hearing|
|Date||Wednesday February 23|
|Time||2:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|1225 Fallon St., Dept. 1|
|Event Type||Court Date|
JOIN US as we come out to support the defendants and lawyers fighting against these injunctions, and stand by what we KNOW creates safe and healthy communities.
This will be the hearing on whether there should be a “preliminary injunction” before a trial on a permanent injunction. Legal arguments will be made and evidence in defense of those on the list will be presented.
1) Stop the Injunctions and All Police Violence
2) Community Self-Determination (we know what our communities need; we have our own solutions)
3) Defend Immigrant Communities (no deportations, no collaboration with ICE)
4) Affordable Housing and Stable Employment (Stop Gentrification)
5) Accountability from City Government and Increased Decision-Making Power for All Oakland Residents