$6.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: San Francisco | Labor & Workers
Boycott Hotel Frank!
February 8, 2011.
Six-minute QT movie. 29MB.
Hotel Frank was auctioned off in a foreclosure sale in May, 2010 by Wells Fargo Bank. The bank then sold the hotel to a financial speculator called AEW Capital Management. The hotel is now managed by a company called Provenance. Since the foreclosure sale:
* Management has not reached an agreement with us to continue our medical coverage or pensions.
* We all have to work an extra half-hour per day for free.
* Room cleaners clean many more rooms, even if it means skipping breaks and meal periods.
* Staffing has been cut at the front desk and in housekeeping, while the workload has increased.
* The hotel has fired and disciplined workers on frivolous and discriminatory charges.
* The National Labor Relations Board has charged management with violating federal labor laws.
Please join organizations like the California Council of Churches and the National Urban Alliance, who are boycotting Hotel Frank.
Boycott Hotel Frank