View other events for the week of 1/15/2011
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Compassionate Politics Workshop|
|Date||Saturday January 15|
|Time||8:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Church for the Fellowship of All Peoples
2041 Larkin (near Broadway)
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, we invite you to gather with us in an effort to transform our society into a truly compassionate community. During our time together, we would like to focus our attention on this primary question:
How can political activists embody compassionate, empathetic, and other best practices from the personal, spiritual, and social spheres in our efforts?
The morning will feature a diverse group of community leaders in a Wisdom Circle dialogue around compassionate politics and policies.
They will be sharing their thoughts on the urgency of understanding traditional ways to promote personal and social growth that have largely been forgotten in the modern world, as well as new ways of being that can strengthen our relationships and political work together.
Confirmed Wisdom Circle Participants include:
· Rev. Dorsey Blake, The Church for The Fellowship of All Peoples
· Rev. Mutima Imani, East Bay Church of Religious Science
· Rev. Diana McDaniel, Unity Church of San Leandro
· Nancy Kahn, Bay Area Nonviolent Communication
· Rhonda V. Magee, University of San Francisco School of Law
· Wafaa Aborashed, United Nations Association East Bay & Healthy 880 Communities
· Brenda Salgado, Movement Strategy Center
Invited, not confirmed
· Representatives from American Indian Movement, Youth Climate Justice Network, East Bay Meditation Center, Center for Transformative Change, Rockwood Leadership and Generation 5.