View other events for the week of 12/ 9/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Protest SDGE Powerlink "groundbreaking" this Thursday!|
|Date||Thursday December 09|
|Time||9:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Rough Acres Ranch, 2750 McCain Valley Road, Boulevard, CA 91905
Landowners and Other Interested Parties,
It's ALL HANDS ON DECK for a protest against SDGE's phony-baloney "groundbreaking" ceremony for the proposed Sunrise Powerlink on Thursday, December 9th! Despite the fact that there are currently 3 active lawsuits against the proposed Sunrise Powerlink in courts, SDGE has scheduled a premature groundbreaking ceremony. The Protect Our Communities Foundation and partners are organizing a rally and protest against the project during the event. Media will be present and Governor Schwarzenegger is expected to attend SDGE's event. So we need a LARGE CROWD, WITH SIGNS, to show the world that the proposed powerlink is old fossil-fuel infrastructure at its worst, that the project is not acceptable to the citizens of San Diego County, and most of all that the proposed powerlink is not a done deal. PLEASE JOIN US!
When: Thursday, December 9 at 9am
Where: Rough Acres Ranch, 2750 McCain Valley Road, Boulevard, CA 91905
RSVP to: David Hogan, davidhogan [at] hughes.net or 760-809-9244
Directions to Rough Acres Ranch: (approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from downtown San Diego)
1. Take I-8 East to the Boulevard exit (the next one after Crestwood and the Golden Acorn Casino - past the large wind turbines).
2. Turn right (south) onto Ribbonwood Road.
3. Go to the stop sign at Old Hwy 80 and make a left (east) towards Jacumba.
4. McCain Valley Road is several miles down on the left. You will reach a big brown McCain Valley Recreation Area sign.
5. Take McCain Valley north back under the freeway until the pavement ends.
6. Rough Acres driveway is on the left and the dirt road on the right is the entry to McCain Valley Recreation Area with another sign.
7. Park along the shoulder of McCain Valley Road, the access road to the recreation area, to greet Governor Schwarzenegger and SDG&E's other invitees with signs and spirit.
Please visit our website at http://www.protectourcommunities.org for more information.