View other events for the week of 11/12/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Mindfully Resolving Conflicts: Level One|
|Date||Friday November 12|
|Time||2:00 PM - 2:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Quan Yin Training Center
2311 8th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
|munwah [at] stirfryseminars.com|
November 12-14, 2010; Friday 2pm-9pm; Saturday 8am-6pm; Sunday 8am-2pm
Mindfully Resolving Conflicts: Level One
Facilitated by Lee Mun Wah
Facilitation is an art in the finest sense - both from the perspective of an artist and as a viewer. Each time a group is interacting, a painting begins. With careful and diligent observation a story unfolds - enhanced or distracted by our willingness to be a bridge or an obstruction.￮
You Will Learn:
* A variety of ways to de-escalate a conflict within minutes.
* How to replace adversarial and defensive statements with twenty-six responses that are mindfully and culturally receptive.
* Different methods that can help in creating a sense of community between diverse groups and individuals.
* How to enhance your observational and listening acuity by learning how to translate non-verbal messages into meaningful interventions.
You are required to purchase the items you do not already have.
What Stands Bewtween Us: Diversity Flash Cards ($25)
The Art of Mindful Book & Film ($50)
The Practice of Honoring Diversity ($10)
* Note: These items will be made available for you at the workshop.