View other events for the week of 10/15/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Bioneers Conference 2010|
|Date||Friday October 15|
|Time||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Marin Center, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903|
The Bioneers Conference is a leading-edge forum presenting breakthrough solutions for people and the planet. At this year's conference, social and scientific innovators focus on solutions inspired by nature and human ingenuity.
Register before September 1st to take advantage of Early Bird rates!
Join us at the 2010 Bioneers Conference to:
- Explore the forefront of positive change in deeply inspiring keynote talks, panels, workshops and intensives.
- Connect with leading-edge people and ideas. Network with dynamic changemakers at workshops and networking receptions.
- Discover powerful opportunities and strategies for creating positive change in your work, life and community.
- Celebrate the Moving Image Festival with screenings and discussions with filmmakers--designed to ignite dialogue and inspire action on the current issues that matter most.
Key notes by:
• Dr. James Hansen, head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, will share his personal odyssey into climate action and civil disobedience.
• Dr. Jane Goodall, whose discoveries about primates in the early 1960s revolutionized our understanding of our own species, and who now devotes her life to preserving our planet's biodiversity, will reflect on the roles we must play to ensure a better future for generations to come.
• Jessy Tolkan, Political Director of Green For All and key figure in organizing massive student activism on climate and clean energy issues, will outline what’s required to get us to a clean energy future that’s green for all.
• John Francis, the renowned "Planetwalker," who, horrified by an oil spill in the 1970s near his home, refused to ride in motorized vehicles for 17 years as he walked across continents to raise consciousness.
• Andy Lipkis, founder of Los Angeles' TreePeople, a visionary of urban forests and cutting-edge innovator in the re-shaping of cities to make them sustainable will share current efforts to reverse climate damage and make communities stronger.
• Dr. John Warner, co-founder of the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry and key figure in transitioning our industry and agriculture away from its reliance on toxic chemicals, will explore how nature informs the fields of Biomimicry and Green Chemistry.
• Dr. Anthony Cortese, founder of Second Nature, a leader in the effort to green American higher education, will discuss the role of education in the era of climate change and present some promising developments.
...And Many More!
October 15-17th, with intensives on Oct. 14th and 18th
9AM - 9PM each day
$95 Daily Rate; $450 Early Bird 3-Day Conference Rate before Sept. 1st; Scholarships available.
registration [at] bioneers.org
10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903