View other events for the week of 7/14/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Cross-Cultural Facilitation Skills for Diversity Trainers, Therapists|
|Date||Wednesday July 14|
|Time||9:00 AM - 9:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Quan Yin Training Center
2311 8th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
|munwah [at] stirfryseminars.com|
July 14-18 (5 Day Intensive); Wednesday-Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 9am-2pm
Cross-Cultural Facilitation Skills for Diversity Trainers, Therapists & Educators
Facilitator: Lee Mun Wah
Facilitating a group with many cross-cultural perspectives and experiences requires a keen understanding and knowledge of how cultural differences can impact group dynamics, relationships and their sense of safety.
In this unique training, Lee Mun Wah will guide each participant through a series of exercises and mindful techniques that will enhance their understanding of the impact of culture on relationships, conflictual cultural situations, as well as how to develop a deeper and more authentic sense of community and openness within diverse groups.
Participants will explore their perception and attitudes about diversity issues through the use of films, books, vignettes and personal stories. They will learn:
* Listening and Responding from a Buddhist & Eastern Approach
* Noticing the Impact and Intent of all our communications and actions
* Discovering the importance of curiosity as a mediation tool
* Making Use of Non-verbal Communications
* How to Use Mindful Techniques to De-escalate a Conflict Within Minutes
* 26 Culturally-Sensitive Questions That Create Safety & Trust
You are required to purchase the items you do not already have.
* The Art of Mindful Facilitation Book & Film ($50)
* What Stands Between Us: Diversity Flashcards ($25)
* The Practice of Honoring Diversity ($10)
* The Color of Fear Film Guide ($25)
* Last Chance for Eden Film Guide ($25)
* Note: These items will be made available for you at the workshop.
Interested in a discounted registration rate? Register with one other person and get 25% off your registration rate; two people, 50% off; three people, 75% off; 4 people and you can register for FREE! All must register at the same time.