View other events for the week of 6/11/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Mindfully Resolving Conflicts: Level 1|
|Date||Friday June 11|
|Time||2:00 AM - 2:00 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Quan Yin Training Center
2311 8th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
|munwah [at] stirfryseminars.com|
Mindfully Resolving Conflicts: Facilitated by Lee Mun Wah
Facilitation is an art in the finest sense - both from the perspective of an artist and as a viewer. Each time a group is interacting, a painting begins. With careful and diligent observation a story unfolds - enhanced or distracted by our willingness to be a bridge or an obstruction.
You Will Learn:
* A variety of ways to de-escalate a conflict within minutes.
* How to replace adversarial and defensive statements with twenty-six responses that are mindfully and culturally receptive.
* Different methods that can help in creating a sense of community between diverse groups and individuals.
* How to enhance your observational and listening acuity by learning how to translate non-verbal messages into meaningful interventions.
You are required to purchase the items you do not already have.
What Stands Bewtween Us: Diversity Flash Cards ($25)
The Art of Mindful Book & Film ($50)
The Practice of Honoring Diversity ($10)
* Note: These items will be made available for you at the workshop.