View other events for the week of 6/19/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|BREAKING GROUND: Urban Gardening Youth Conference|
|Date||Saturday June 19|
|Time||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
|Golden Gate Park's SF County Fair Building (right at 9th and Lincoln Way). Accessible by N Judah, 44, 43, 71, 6, and 16X lines.|
|intern [at] sfpt.org|
San Francisco Parks Trust wants to invite you to the 3rd annual Breaking Ground Urban Gardening Youth Conference! It is free, open to all Bay Area high school students, and will be held Saturday, June 19, 2010 in the San Francisco County Fair Building in Golden Gate Park, just next to Strybing Arboretum (9th Ave @ Lincoln Way). Registration takes place from 9-10am, and the conference runs from 10-4pm. Taking public transportation? The 71, 16X, 44, 43, and 6 buses as well as the N Judah all stop within 2 blocks of your destination!Added to the calendar on Monday May 17th, 2010 2:07 PM
Why should YOU attend?
• All our workshops are led by youth, for youth, and feature hands-on, learn-to-do-it-yourself activities: learn to compost, care for an organic garden, or discover our Green Jobs panel offering tons of jobs and paid internship opportunities.
• Enjoy excellent food and live entertainment!
• You’ll have the option of touring some of San Francisco’s coolest gardens, and a plant nursery with an unexpected twist
• Get inspired by a youth speaker who is 17 years old- and changing the world with biofuel!
• Connect with youth interested in the same issues as you are, and learn how to get involved in projects improving YOUR community!
Register in just seconds at http://tiny.cc/xrvm3. You can be the first to know about our newest workshop updates by “liking” our facebook fan page! Just go to http://tiny.cc/sumta and hit “like!”