$40.00 donated in past month
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
Indybay FeatureRelated Categories: California | Immigrant Rights
May 1st Migrant Rights Rallies Nationwide!
In the wakes of Arizona's reprehensible legislation targeting immigrants, the protests taking place nationwide this coming Saturday will be essential:
Protest on International Workers' Day—San Francisco
Full Rights for Undocumented Workers—Legalization/Amnesty for All!
Money for Jobs and Education, Not War and Occupation—Jobs for All!
No Budget Cuts or Fee Hikes—Tax the Rich and Corporations!San Francisco: March and Rally
Saturday, May 1
12 noon March assembles at 24th and Mission Sts
2 p.m. Rally at Civic Center Plaza (Grove and Polk Sts)
Donate to Legal Actions Against the Legislation: Donate to MALDEF by going to: https://maldef. org/donate/
Call for a boycott of the state of Arizona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntK6B5ahZI
Nationwide Call to Action: From: http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/MayDay2010/
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
New York: (212)330-8172 Los Angeles: (213)403-0131 Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990 Chicago: (773)942-2268
May Day Lists of Local Actions
Please send your May Day 2010 action announcements to info [at] immigrantsolidarity.org
Downlaod your immigrant activism videos at Activist Video http://www.ActivistVideo.org
We are calling A national day of multi-ethnic unity with youth, labor, peace and justice communities in solidarity with immigrant workers and building new immigrant rights & civil rights movement!
Wear White T-Shirt, organize local actions to support immigrant worker rights!
1. No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
2. No to militarization of the border.
3. No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
4. No to the guest worker program.
5. No to employer sanction and “no match” letters.
6. Yes to a path to legalization without condition for undocumented immigrants NOW.
7. Yes to speedy family reunification.
8. Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
9. Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
10. Yes to the education and LGBTQ immigrant legislation.
We encourages everyone to actively linking our issues with different struggles: wars in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine & Korea with sweatshops exploitation in Asia as well as in Los Angeles, New York; international arm sales and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA & CAFTA with AIDS, hunger, child labors and child solider; as well as multinational corporations and economic exploitation with racism and poverty at home—in order we can win the struggle together at this May Day 2010!