View other events for the week of 1/21/2010
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|LAGUNITAS COHO SURVIVE IN MARIN COUNTY>San Geronimo Valley Community Gov. Plan Meeting|
|Date||Thursday January 21|
|Time||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
YOUR VOICE is needed to ensure that
LAGUNITAS COHO SURVIVE IN MARIN COUNTY
**Please Take Action Today- Due Jan 25**
Visit our online ACTION CENTER TODAY and take these 5 simple steps:
1. Sign the online petition http://www.spawnusa.org/actions/number-19 to the Marin Board of Supervisors and then send a handwritten letter, fax, or electronic submission by Jan 25. SHARE the online petition with 10 of your friends. Central California Coast coho salmon are a state and national biological treasure... you do not have to be a Marin resident to take action!
2. Give a generous donation so we can organize massive grassroots support to ensure Marin Supervisors take action before it's too late. Click HERE to make a secure donation to our campaign.
3. Print the petition and join our volunteer teams to secure signatures in your own neighborhood! Download a copy HERE.
4. ATTEND the County's PUBLIC HEARING this THURS Jan 21 from 7-9PM. JOIN US in making sure the salmons' needs and voices are heard! The meeting will be held at the Lagunitas School Multipurpose Room - for directions visit http://lagunitas.marin.k12.ca.us/directions.HTM. Contact Paola [at] Tirn.Net for more info.
5. Call us (415.663.8590 X111) if you can volunteer your time to help us with this campaign at our office, in your local neighborhood and at events.
Your past support has got us this far in our struggle to protect and restore critical habitat, but now we need your help more than ever to keep the pressure on to succeed in making sure Lagunitas coho survive.
For more background info: Listen to the recent KQED piece at http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R201001041730 and read the recent Marin IJ article at http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_14113750 and Bay Nature article at http://baynature.org/articles/web-only-articles/california-coho-salmon-in-dire-straits declaring a "coho extinction crisis" if we dont' take immediate actions.
Photo by Susan Farrar, SPAWN Naturalist & Susan Farrar Photography
You are receiving our emails because you signed up with us at http://www.SpawnUSA.org or at one of our community events.
Unsubscribe davidquinley [at] aol.com from this list | Forward to a friend | Update your profile
Our mailing address is:
Salmon Protection And Watershed Network, SPAWN
Forest Knolls, California 94933
Add us to your address book
Copyright (C) 2010 Salmon Protection And Watershed Network, SPAWN All rights reserved.
put up by
mostly outisde bay area mostly events + news
mostly inside sf bay area
events + news