View other events for the week of 12/15/2009
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|DAM Report Back from Israel/Palestine|
|Date||Tuesday December 15|
|Time||6:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
3030 B 16th St. @ Mission
San Francisco, Ca
The Dialogues Against Militarism delegation is back from a powerful month in Palestine/Israel, meeting and building with Israeli and Palestinian activists, learning about the Israeli occupation and resistance to it. We want to share our experiences and reflections with our community who helped make this delegation possible, and to talk about next steps!
DAM Report Back
Tues, December 15, 6pm - 8pm
Station 40 (3030 B 16th Street)
Please RSVP and let us know if you have any translation or childcare needs.
We apologize – Station 40 is not wheelchair accessible.
We want to share with you about what we experienced and learned during our delegation:
- Resistance rising up from the villages, cities, and refugee camps in the West Bank and the neighborhoods of East Jerusalem
- Israeli youth refusing draft into the IDF and organizing against the apartheid policies of their government
- Collaborations and joint organizing between Palestinians and Israelis
- Evictions and housing demolitions in East Jerusalem
- The wall, checkpoints, settlements, and military patrols that enforce occupation and apartheid
- Settler and soldier violence on the streets of Hebron, where apartheid "separation policy" wears no masks
- Brutal, and sometimes deadly, military repression of demonstrations against the wall in Bil'in and Nil'in
- Mass grassroots organizing against the Israeli apartheid wall annexing half of the West Bank
- Former Israeli Occupation Forces soldiers who now speak out and work alongside Palestinians
- and more...
It is our hope that we can use this information-sharing to strengthen the organizing we are doing here in the Bay in solidarity with Palestinians and other people around the world resisting occupation. As the "surge" in Afghanistan moves forward, it's crucial that we connect the different elements of resistance to U.S.- led and supported imperialism
Hope to see you there.