WHY IS THE ALAMEDA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS QUIETLY TRYING TO QUICKLY APPOINT A NEW DISTRICT ATTORNEY?
• WITHOUT A PUBLIC PROCESS?
• WITH LESS THAN 1 WEEK PUBLIC NOTICE!
WE MUST DEMAND A FAIR AND PUBLIC PROCESS
TO REPLACE TOM ORLOFF
This Appointment Process Should Include:
• AN APPLICATION PROCESS
• REVIEW PROCESS AND SELECTION.
Please Attend Their Meeting:
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
1221 OAK STREET, 5TH FLOOR (BOARD CHAMBERS)
• Alameda DA Tom Orloff quits his position on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2009
• The Board of Supervisors appoints his replacement
• Orloff asked the Board to IMMEDIATELY appoint his Deputy, Nancy O'Malley
WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LET THIS HAPPEN
• O'Malley just recently moved to Alameda County so she could run for this position
• Her appointment would just continue Orloff’s policies and procedures
IT IS NOT IN OUR BEST INTERESTS TO CONTINUE THE DA'S STATUS QUO
Please email and/or call all supervisors. Tell them:
WE MUST HAVE A PUBLIC PROCESS TO REPLACE TOM ORLOFF!!!
Scott Haggerty, District 1 (510) 272-6691 scott.haggerty [at] acgov.org
Gail Steele, District 2 (510) 272-6692 gail.steele [at] acgov.org
Alice Lai-Bitker, District 3 (510) 272-6693 alice.lai-bitker [at] acgov.org
Nate Miley, District 4 (510) 272-6694 nate.miley [at] acgov.org
Keith Carson, District 5 (510) 272-6695 keith.carson [at] acgov.org