View other events for the week of 7/22/2009
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Feministas En Resistencia Honduras: Sister Solidarity Action|
|Date||Wednesday July 22|
|Time||10:00 AM - 11:30 AM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
870 Market St
|mzsam [at] bayareacodepink.org|
The Feministas En Resistencia are calling for women & allies around our country to do a Solidarity Action on Wednesday, July 22nd 10:00am at the Honduras Consulate.
CodePINK urges you to join this Solidarity Action: press conference, rally, speaking with the consulate!
Here’s the appeal from our Sisters in Honduras:
Sisters and all our allies:
We, the Women in Resistance from Honduras, seek to communicate to all the countries of the world our opposition to the coup against the state of Honduras that occurred the 28th of June.
We demand the immediate return of the rule of law, constitutional order, respect for human rights, fulfillment of the mandate of the United Nations, the Organization of American States, and all those multilateral and bilateral institutions and governments of the international community.
• A clear condemnation by the US Government of the military-political coup against the State of Honduras, which was supported financially by Honduran business leaders and the extreme right from both Latin American and the USA, promoted by national media corporations, protected by the national Ombudsman of Honduras and blessed by the Evangelical and Catholic Church Hierarchy of the country;
• The unconditional support for the return of constitutional order in Honduras , which implies the return of President Manuel Zelaya Rosales to Honduras ;
• The cessation of repression against organizations protesting the coup, which is being carried out by political and military forces that are advised by retired military officials responsible for the disappearances of people during decade of the 80’s in Honduras .
• We demand respect for the human rights of all citizens, the suspension of the curfew and the full restitution of individual protections;
• The cessation of all threats of war, promoted by the de facto regime, which are creating a climate of terror among the Honduran population;
• The presence of international human rights observers in the country, to gather testimonies and verify human rights violations during the de facto regime and to monitor the process of return to the rule of law;
• The suspension of all technical or financial bilateral or multilateral aid being currently provided to the de facto regime, including all commercial trade, credit, donations and other financial resources and the suspension of all military assistance;
• The condemnation of the appointment of Ms. María Martha Díaz Velásquez, named by the de facto regime as Minister of the National Institute of Women (INAM), as well as Ms. María Antonieta Bustamante, representative of Honduras before the Inter-American Commission of Women, who met the Feminists in Resistance with riot police when we demanded that they vacate the building of the INAM, which is OUR INSTITUTE.
• We demand the immediate removal of all those involved in the de facto regime from the public offices they have taken and the application of sanctions against the coup leaders.
We are calling on all our allies across the Americas to rally in front of the US Embassy or other US government institutions on Wednesday, July 22nd, at 10am to ask the Obama Administration to stand firm against the coup and on the side of democracy and the rule of law.
FEMINISTAS EN RESISTENCIA
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=UXLeikI0tdg
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=SVZnqVf_ gec
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=Xb9dYwRzW6g
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=DjcHH5l9gv0