View other events for the week of 7/18/2009
From the Open-Publishing Calendar
From the Open-Publishing Newswire
|Pie Ranch Work Day: Wheat Harvest! (potluck & dance to follow)|
|Date||Saturday July 18|
|Time||2:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Import this event into your personal calendar.|
Pie Ranch is located along Highway 1, midway between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay and eight miles south of Pescadero, in southern San Mateo County (gorgeous drive!)
|Event Type||Party/Street Party|
At Saturday's work party we'll be harvesting this year's wheat crop! Come grab a sickle and tie shocks of wheat to dry in the field. We will also sow a buckwheat summer cover crop, weed in the native plant hedgerow, and do other fun summer projects as well. Come lend a hand while you work in the fields alongside other volunteers and farmers.Added to the calendar on Thursday Jul 16th, 2009 3:27 PM
The work party starts at 2 pm.
Then join in the potluck at 6pm and dancing at 7pm.
The dance is $7-20 (sliding scale; children under 12 free; workday participants pay a discounted rate of $5-15,
so come on down and hoe before you hoe down!)
Important info: old timey wheat
- Please leave dogs at home.
- Be careful turning into Pie Ranch.
- Park at the Roadside Barn and stop in for pie and directions to the work day. You can also park in the field behind the roadside barn.
- Bring water bottles, sunscreen, closed toed shoes, and sunhats.
- Bring work gloves, tools, and enthusiasm! (We have gloves and tools for you to use too).
- Please bring your own dishes and utensils for the potluck. Every bit of clean up help is greatly appreciated!
- To keep an inclusive, family atmosphere, the potluck and barn dance are alcohol-free events.